Here is another recipe that I enjoy from the Hip2Save webpage. FYI: They freeze well too.
Chocolate Cake or Cupcakes (Gluten-Free)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup almond butter (you could probably use another nut butter and get similar results)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid Stevia (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- Add coconut oil and banana in a Vitamix or blender. Blend everything until smooth. In a bowl, add the cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Mix well. Now dump the coconut oil mix in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until everything is incorporated. Once finished, decide if you want to make an 8×8 cake or 12 cupcakes (make sure to grease your pan well or use cupcake liners or parchment paper).
- For cakes, bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes
- For cupcakes, bake at 350° for about 20 minutes
Melt chocolate chips in saucepan with a little coconut oil and Stevia. Chill in freezer for a few minutes and then spread on cupcakes. You can also sprinkled chocolate chips on top of the cupcakes.